Carmarthen clock Sold
By Henry Gwynne of Carmarthen, with a brass face, a thirty hour movement and a slim Welsh oak case with mahogany cross banding to the hood.
Carmarthen circa 1760
17¼” wide x 8″ deep x 78½” high
43.8cm w x 20.3cm d x 199.4cm h
Henry Gwynne is recorded in the 1760’s maintaining and repairing the clock at St. Peters Church, Carmarthen.
Further reading: Wales Clocks & Clockmakers by William Linnard Mayfield Books 2003
A longcase clock by Henry Gwynne at Carmarthen museum.